Sunday, March 18, 2012

I think I am lost! Where is that trail exactly? - There and Back Again

It has been since November that I have made any kind of posting about where I am on the trail. At that time I was at mile 72.5. I am ,supposed to be walking Bilbo's path in the Hobbit, but methinks I got a bit confused and followed four wandering Hobbits into the Old Forest instead! It just so happens that mile 73 is Crickhollow! And while Bilbo and the Dwarves bypassed the Old Forest and went the quicker way around, I think I got lost wandering around the Old Forest and talking with Tom Bombadil.

According to the mileage that I have tracked, that means I would have just left Tom Bombadill and am wandering somewhere around the Old Forest, lost! I know that there are miles that I didn't track during the past five months, so I am just going to figure that Tom helped this Wandering Elf to the edge of the Forest, where I was able to find Bilbo's path again and have now made it to Bree. So for The Journey to the Lonely Mountain and Back Again, that puts me at mile marker 85.
Bree!!!


Now that I am back on track, I will be hopefully on my way to Rivendell, with no more side adventures. Though in Middle Earth you never know what might cross your road and take you off the path!

Updated There and Back Again mileage!

85/967 Journey to Lonely Mountain
50 miles Wandering in the Old Forest
85/1934 There and Back Again

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...

No comments:

Post a Comment