Wednesday, March 21, 2012

90 Day Body by Vi Challenge

Tomorrow I am starting the 90 day Vi Challenge.   I have to admit, my decision to try it and start it was pure gut, spur of the moment type stuff.  But in the past seven years, I have come to rely on that gut feeling and trust it more and more.  So I am going with it and seeing where it takes me.

A good friend and co-teacher of my father’s has been doing the 90 Day Body by Vi Challenge for about 29 days and has lost 10 lbs and 10 inches, while at the same time reducing her blood pressure and gaining energy.  Now I am not stupid.  I know there are no quick fix, no magic pill, and nothing that will magically take everything off in just a matter of weeks or months.  It is a complete life change and while I like to think that I have always been making good decisions, the reality is that I like chocolate a little too much, my portion sizes have grown a bit in the past three years, I like chocolate oh and I like chocolate.    While my body is not normal, doesn’t process things normally and has the metabolism of a turtle; lasting weight loss be it from eating and exercise or from surgery is only going to happen with life style changes.

That being said, I like what I see in this challenge.  I like the makeup of the shake mix.  I like the nutrients that it has and the versatility in the 100 different recipes that are out there.  And I like the comments and feedback that I have seen.   From everything I have heard I am going to have to be on a protein shake/supplement after I have surgery, so I might as well start now as I work to get that 10% off right?

So to begin with, I ordered the basic shape kit, as I don’t want to get too financially invested if I am not happy with the shake taste or the results.  It arrived today and I am quite stoked to begin.  Unfortunately, though it’s been on the UPS truck since 5 am, it wasn’t delivered till 4:48 pm, so I should really just wait till tomorrow to start.

Really, I should.

But I really want to try it now!  No, I will be good and wait till tomorrow and start the challenge off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment