Monday, November 7, 2011

There and back again - Pool Edition 11/7/11

2nd day at the pool!

I will say that I am beginning to understand why I didn't go back to swimming the few times I was at the pool after my back surgery. I DEFINITELY felt the pain in my shoulder after the last swim. Part of it was probably doing too much on the first day, but part of it is that I have a labrum tear that I haven't dealt with yet. I guess I had forgotten that the tear and the bone spurs in my rotator cuff affect my swimming. I am going to try and not let it stop me, though. I am enjoying the swimming too much.

So today I worked on using a variety of strokes rather than focusing so much on the crawl stroke. I find I can do the back stroke without it causing me too much pain and a lot of kicking. It isn't quite the exercise regimen I would like, but if I work on it and don't over exert my shoulder, I should be ok.

I did have something entertaining happen at the pool today. My swimsuit fits me well pretty much everywhere, but in my chest. It was obviously made by a man, because they didn't think about the fact that a woman who is as big as I am, is going to have a rather large chest. AND for some dumb ass reason, it does not have cross straps in back for better support. I mean who creates a swim suit like that????

But I am digressing here ...

Anyway, the swimsuit is not that supportive and I really should be wearing a sports bra with the suit, but I don't currently have one that is big enough. So though I knew I needed one after Friday's session, I didn't wear one today ... AND ironically, as I am doing the breast stroke ... My right boob comes out of the swim suit! Thankfully I was at the other end of the pool from ... EVERYONE and was able to slip it back in. Needless to say, I didn't do anymore breast stroke today and WILL be better supported on Wednesday!

Mom actually went today, she was really tired and hurting after wards, so we will see if she continues. But I WILL continue, whether she is there or not.

Another .5 mile today!

70/967 Journey to Lonely Mountain
70/1934 There and Back Again

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...

No comments:

Post a Comment