Friday, November 4, 2011

Back in the pool!

From 2001 - 2005, when I was on the weight journey, I lost almost all of it through swimming and weight watchers. I LOVE swimming. I mean I LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it! I got to the point that I was swimming for 2 plus hours a day and it was truly a way to just be and escape from everything. It helped me get through the time after the ugly split, it got me through the time in Purgatory, and all sorts of time being unemployed. It was not just exercise but a pleasure.

As I started to go to school for massage, I found that it was difficult for me to find the time to go. At the same time, pain in my shoulder started to increase and as I needed to be able to work, that meant swimming less. Eventually I had back surgery and that took me out of the pool completely and I really never returned. I mean I pretended to return, I went a couple weeks here, a couple of weeks there, but never really returned and lost the love.

Flash forward to the present ... My mother is going to be having knee surgery in January of next year and to prepare for it, she is going to PT twice a week to get stronger and the PT person wants her to go to the pool twice a week and do a movement class for seniors. So to make sure that she went, I agreed to take her and that I would swim laps during her class.

Which means ...

I WENT TO THE POOL TODAY!!!

Ahh the love is back. Man I missed the water.

I didn't think I would do much, since it was my first day back in the pool but I did 1/2 a mile! Woohooo!!!


66.5/967 Journey to Lonely Mountain
66.5/1934 There and Back Again

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...

No comments:

Post a Comment