Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I made the call

to the insurance company today to find out about the possibility of weight loss surgery under our new plan. I had looked into it last year, but our insurance company didn't cover it. Since we got switched to a new insurance this year, I thought I would check into it to see what my options were and wether that door was open to me now.

It turns out that it is a possibility!

Now I don't know weather or not this is the route that I want to go, but it is an option that I want to explore. I have been fighting with my weight since I was 11. And I truly think that while even surgery wont be a simple answer and I will still have to fight for the rest of my life, that in the end I need more specific help and a definite solution. And that surgery maybe it.

So I did it, I called. And I have information being sent to me, as well as a call with a bariatric nurse scheduled for the first of February. I already know what weight loss center I want to use, and I think I am going to look into going to one of their seminars before the meeting with the nurse, so that I am more informed for the call.

Possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment