Friday, June 8, 2012

Am I Crazy???

well ... in a week and a half I will know for sure whether I am sane or need a set of padded rooms to be installed in the house.

What am I talking about, you ask? 

Well apart of the pre-surgery hoops you have to jump through for both the insurance company and the weight loss clinic is a complete and thorough psychological exam to make sure you are sane enough to have the surgery.  I am sure there is a reason behind it that makes sense in the beurocratic office that makes up these rules, but it really just seems like one more hoop.  I mean, really ... who goes into these visits and says something crazy that keeps them from getting ok'd for the surgery?

My visit lasted for 3 hours.  The first part was a 45 minute interview where the psycho doctor asked if I was stable and normal, did my parents love me, did they love each other, were they still married, did I do drugs, alcohol, or well anything, was I down, was I depressed, did I love life, what were my goals, what did I do, what did I not do, yadda yadda yadda.  Then after he had suffeciently found out about my youth, teens, tweens, and whatever else he wanted to know, I got to go take the 650 question test.

*rolls eyes*

The test took 2 plus hours to get through and honestly was quite ridiculous.  It was long, it was icky, but it was really easy to figure out what I SHOULD answer to make sure I passed.

So I don't know that it was really all that scientific, but if I pass I can echo Sheldon's words and say:

"I'm not crazy, the doctor had me tested!"

No comments:

Post a Comment